Monday 22 September 2008

No witty or remotely interesting post title can be thought of right now

It's late and I'm tired. I am listening to squeeze in one ear and my other ear is free for sounds from the snot monster that is currently residing in the bedroom next to mine. He has been a little treasure today even though at almost four years old he has already learned the art form that is man flu!
.
So far today I have had to use a toy sword to remove my debit card from a wee logged toilet bowl, clean up an entire bottle of moisturiser which apparently was used in its (almost) entirety to create a 'cool' hairdo, I have also had the pleasure of having snot wiped over me and food coughed on me. But today has been a good day and you know what? I feel happy.
.
Its a simple feeling with complex consequences. My life is not picture perfect, I know this yet I feel like a failure if it couldn't be classed as such from the outside world, I worry because I don't have 'it all' (which is what exactly???), But today none of that matters because my little man is full of cold and wants his mummy and that makes it all seem better, obviously I don't mean that he's ill but that he wants me - I'm not afraid to openly admit I get a sense of pleasure out of being wanted ( although I'm lucky he's not whiny when sick just clingy) but it was him just being him that triggered this bout of happiness.
.
As I previously mentioned he used almost an entire bottle of moisturiser on his hair, I was upstairs and in comes this coughing and spluttering white glob creature with snot running down his face, his favorite fleecy dinosaur pyjamas on and a smile the size of the golden gate bridge on his face.
.
"Look mummy, I have cool hair" oh dear thinks me but I smile
"Now sweetie your hair is of course incredibly cool but that's cream for mummy's skin not your hair and I really need to clean you up a bit before going back down" he looks at me a little surprised and thoughtful and I think hes going to cry because I want to wash it off when up goes his hand in that worldwide now hang on a minute gesture,
"OK mummy but there's a little bit if mess downstairs, you wait here and I'll clean it" again I think oh crap but I smile and agree. a couple of minutes pass and the little white glob monster appears in my bedroom doorway legs slightly apart hands on hips and huffing and puffing like he'd gone ten rounds with Amir Khan.
"I'm sorry mummy I can't clean my mess" he says waving his hands in a clear sign of defeat and with a big sigh reluctantly admits "Its just too insensible"
.
I can't help it, I should put my foot down, moan about taking other peoples belongings and making a mess and taking responsibility but I'm looking at my baby all grown yet not nearly grown up. He's covered in white gloop, wearing cutsie pj's with bright red lips and has ridiculously spiky (gloopy) hair and all I can think to do is pull him onto my bed and tickle him until he laughs so hard he farts.
.
And that is why I feel happy. Because he was just himself.
.
But now its late and I am exhausted and I have remembered that I forgot to change my bedding and that there's washing up in the sink still from dinner and that the laundry needs to come out of the machine and get aired or I'll only have to wash it again tomorrow morning.
.
Sod it all, I'll slide in next to little man and face the rest in the morning. I feel too good to waste it now.
.
Oh and I did look it up (I had to didn't I!) just in case it wasn't just his version of betten-i (I'll explain another day) and it was indeed an actual word it means:
.
1.
.
a. Imperceptible; inappreciable: an insensible change in temperature.
b. Very small or gradual: insensible movement.
.
2.
.
a. Having lost consciousness, especially temporarily; unconscious: lay insensible where he had fallen.

b. Not invested with sensation; inanimate: insensible clay.
c. Devoid of physical sensation or the power to react, as to pain or cold; numb.
.
3.
.
a. Unaware; unmindful: I am not insensible of your concern.
b. Not emotionally responsive; indifferent: insensible to criticism.
.
4. Lacking meaning; unintelligible.
.
this information was gleaned from the following: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/insensible

No comments: