Saturday 27 September 2008

My worst date experience...

So I have been thinking today about my history with dates and I have realised that so far I have been on 1 official date which I have already told you about on a previous post and 2 that were set ups. This is my dating history and I thought I'd take the opportunity to tell you about my first set up. Shall we say it was............interesting.
.
The evening was nice and warm and I was looking forward to a meal at my cousins house. She's a lovely girl and I thought it would be fun, her and her boyfriend lodged at a house with another fella and so I assumed I would bump into him but nothing more crossed my mind.
.
When I got there my cousin L whispered in my ear "we've invited G for dinner, we think you two will really get on well" She said it with the sparkle in her eye and a tone of voice that meant I was most definitely being set up.
.
I walked in to greet G, who while seemed very nice was around 1 and a half feet shorter than me. To give him his dues he was lovely dinner conversation and while there was never any chance of the slightest romantic flicker on my part we had fun. Then it happened and it became a future anecdote and really still makes me smile.
.
Myself, L and G were sitting around the circular dining table, I was facing G who had his back to the window and L was to my left at the head of the table so to speak. L looked up at the window and very slightly jumped, the lodger had come home and was just outside the kitchen window. Why is this funny?? Because G was so frightened by L's almost imperceptible jump that he literally hopped out of his chair, crouched over L's lap and grabbed her hand with his eyes squeezed shut.
.
I giggled, I just couldn't help myself and then I giggled some more.
.
I let it go as a blip and the lodger B came and joined us at the table. L, B and I began a lively debate on the local nightlife. I looked at G who had been unnervingly quiet since his fright. He looked at me, went grey...............................and fainted.
.
It was like something from a cartoon, his whole body became almost fluid as he slid off the chair onto the floor. My date has fainted I thought. My date has actually fainted!
.
I really couldn't help myself this time, I laughed, not only did I laugh but I belly laughed, not only that but I belly laughed so hard I cried. He sat on the sofa watching me as I belly laughed and cried. My date who was 4/5 feet nothing tall had passed out at the dinner table because a man was at the window and he had never even seen him. It was funny, I knew it was wrong to laugh but seriously it was funny. I calmed down and then L then carried him to bed. Yes that's right SHE carried HIM to bed and I had to laugh some more.
.
A couple of days later I was in the pub when a mutual friend announced that I'd apparently slept with G.
.
I corrected them of course but thought, not only would I have to protect this man at Disney Land he had also told people we'd been.......inimate.........now, i thought, there's a keeper!!!!!

No comments: