Thursday 11 September 2008

Horribly horribly bad

So that is exactly how my interview went. Horribly, horribly bad! I got there on time, looked good, was perky, clever and articulate in my interview then I had 15 minutes to do a typing test and 2 written tests and I became incredibly nervous and lost all concentration. There is no way on earth that I got that job!
.
I am trying to see it as a learning experience, it was my first interview in years so I always knew it was going to be the most nerve racking but I wasn't prepared for the tests and it showed. At least I got on the bus and had an hour to wind down before collecting J from nursery. Or so I thought.
.
You may remember me telling you in a previous post that I have a face that invites confidences. My friends joke that when I go out I attract all the people going through a relationship meltdown or with medical problems. Yesterdays bus journey home was no different.
.
Being a single straight woman with a high but long unsatisfied sex drive I can't help but notice attractive men. So I was rather glad when I saw a rather attractive man sitting at the back of the bus (the only seats apart from those for the elderly or disabled at the front) where my legs aren't crushed. Then it happened, he spoke and ruined my illusion.
.
I know his daughter Sofia is 4 years old, he met his wife Claire in 1995 and they married in 1998, unfortunately when they moved to Wales his wife constantly went to her mother to talk through any marital problems and his mother in law constantly asked him what his problem was. They decided to separate and get a divorce 4 months ago, 6 weeks after which he met a lady called Susan while he was out on a bike ride, she was giving him the eye and they spent the afternoon and evening together and 2 weeks later they became an official couple, she has 2 daughters 9 and 8 years old and Belinda, the oldest is a bit too cheeky and likes to swear at him and tell him where to go but Susan is quite good and she tells her daughter off. Claire has blocked him from seeing his little girl and since he is currently not working he is refusing to give any money for the girl until such a time as he regains access. His brother has been quite friendly and let him stay at his home for 10 days but never paid him when he said he would after taking him to work for several days and his sister-in-law refused to allow him to speak to the babysitter because he is only trying to get in every girls knickers. They each have an allotment, he dug theirs over for them but he has had his for at least a year longer than them. He plans to move in with Susan but first he actually has to get to know her kids so he's taking them to pizza hut on Saturday with his crisis loan, he called them and applied for it at 11.20 am on Tuesday and still hadn't heard from them by the time we'd met. He had stayed with his mum for a few days, she is his mum after all and was happy to have him but his sister called and said he was out of order so he told his sister where to go. He didn't want to argue and it's his nephews birthday this weekend he wont be putting any money in the card. He sent his friend an email yesterday morning and hopes he gets it. His mum and brother live in Norwich and he is moving to a small town in Suffolk in 2 weeks when he gets a room in one of these halfway houses. He is waiting for a call from his friend in Norfolk who probably hasn't returned his call because he's on shift work but he knows he'll call him soon. His wife packed all his stuff but never packed any of his coats so the terrible rain we've had has been really hard for him, he's hoping to buy a new coat with his crisis loan, his 2 hoodie's are just not enough! Oh and did I mention he is hoping to take his new girlfriend to York soon, he's still got his York card and hopes it still works!
.
I'm sorry for the constant flow and terrible grammar but that is exactly how he said it. Now of course the names and such have been changed but no word of a lie he can't have breathed through this whole conversation! So it just goes to show, you can't judge a book by its cover. And no, he never told me his name.
.
At least I couldn't dwell on the interview!

No comments: