Tuesday 7 October 2008

My ten favourite things...

I thought I'd take the opportunity to appreciate some of my favourite things so here just ten of them:
.
  • Waking up naturally to the noise of your home and stretching under the warm covers that smell of sleep.

.

  • The first cup of tea of the morning

.

  • When my little boy laughs in his sleep and I have to wonder what he's dreaming

.

  • The moment when you know he's so close to kissing you but he waits just a second and looks into your eyes and you feel your heart skip a beat

.

  • When you feel like crap and someone totally unexpectedly compliments you, my personal fave was when someone told me I had a heart shaped smile

.

  • When you take your socks off after a hot day in trainers

.

  • Getting all wrapped up and snuggley in your scarf, coat, hat and gloves and watching a fireworks display with your lover, I can smell it now (the fireworks not my lover)

.

  • The look of amazement on a child's face Christmas morning when they see the presents under the tree

.

  • Switching off phones, getting nibbles, drawing the curtains and snuggling up on the sofa with that special person and watching a DVD.
.
  • Tasting something amazing for the first time and savouring the texture in your mouth

.

Today my favourite thing was when my little boy got in bed with me at about 7am and snuggled up for a story. Fabulous.

No comments: