Monday 6 October 2008

Ex's, stresses and disappoinments part two

So little man left his welly's with daddy on Saturday and to my surprise there was a knock knock knocking on my door last night, when I opened my shiny red front door the Ex was standing there happily waggling said welly's.
.
He chatted to me as he always does about what area of his life he feels he requires some validation for. But it seemed odd, the way he was behaving and I realised its because he had brought his girlfriend along. Talk about caught off guard.
.
I wasn't sure what to do at this point but in moments of distress I find myself becoming quite British and 'proper'
.
"Do come in" I heard myself say "I'll make a nice cup of tea" in reality this was odd in my head I was screaming at myself WHAT THE BLOODY NORA ARE YOU DOING WOMAN!!!!!!!
.
And why do we always make tea in times of stress????
.
I was screaming at myself because I felt cornered but I also felt slightly detached from the scene. I did get a chance to notice a few things though. She was clearly nervous too which made me feel better (I don't claim to still be in love with my Ex but my ego will not let me believe they shouldn't feel in the least bit threatened by me, they should - because he needs more than they realise and perhaps more than any of us are capable of giving). He followed me to the kitchen while I made tea, he chose to sit on my chair and left her to sit on her own on the sofa. He then proceeded to tell stories of our shenanigans, silly things like the rare nights out we had together and the like. She mentioned their recent night out (which could have been any of them since they've been together around 6 weeks) and in all honesty I felt a little sorry for her.
.
I was wonderful. I was friendly, made a great cuppa and looked fabulous to boot not to mention my phone bleeped constantly with text messages that made me seem popular. It was unexpected and I felt it was meant to make me uncomfortable so I was quietly impressed with my behaviour.
.
I shan't tell my mum, she would literally blow a gasket at me inviting them in and although I almost coped perfectly with the situation there is nothing worse than someone saying "You shouldn't have done that!"
.
The Ex text me today "is it alright if I come to yours for an hour this afternoon, it'll give me a chance to play with little man ... if he's there"
.
I politely refused, I know a bootie call when it's text to me. Thanks but er...no thanks!!!!

No comments: