Tuesday 5 August 2008

Today is a new day

Normally when the rain is falling, the sky is grey and the air is cool I feel hemmed in and miserable. I feel like I need to snuggle up under a duvet on the sofa and watch cheesy movies and eat cheesy wotsits all night long.
.
Not today.
.
If you've ever read this blog you'll know I'm prone to dramatic mood swings, quite a lot of inarticulate speech and though I try I am, quite clearly, not always a glass half full kind of a gal. However, somewhat shockingly to even my own self I find that I feel refreshed, as though metaphorically as well as literally today is a new day. I feel as though just around the corner there is a sweet release. From what I don't know but I have an opportunity bubbling up inside of me that is just yelling to be let free.
.
And it feels so good.
.
A good friend of mine (P) recently told me that to get out of my rut I needed to realise that there were three aspects of life that I was freaking out about. Finances, Career and Love. He said that rather than trying to fix all three I needed to let one go. I needed to realise that I couldn't possibly achieve success in all three areas because it was simply too big an ask but that if I tried to remould two of those aspects into what I want (constantly allowing the changes to be fluid as desires obviously change with ones circumstances) I would be pleasantly surprised with how well the third area would fare on its own.
.
Perhaps he's right. I feel a sense of freedom that I have not felt for a long time, I wonder if subconsciously I have taken his advice or maybe its just that I have had an opportunity to realise a few home truths on the other hand maybe I am just having a good day whatever it is I like it.
.
You see there is hope as I know there is something good around that there corner because believe you me, today is a new day.

No comments: